Date(s) - 25/06/2019
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Are your planning systems robust enough to deal with the flexibility needed in today’s demand and supply landscape? Many companies are facing the challenge to replace their traditional APS tools, like SAP APO, with a solution that better fits their current and future demand and supply dynamics.
APS systems are complementary to traditional ERP-systems and are characterized by a better ability to manage all types of constraints in your supply chain. APS systems are better able to provide an integrated view of your supply chain at different aggregation levels and thus are able to support your planning processes from operational to a tactical level. On top of that, modern APS systems are able to consider specific operational rules, business rules or customer priority rules making it a best-inclass partner for planning purposes. APS systems have commonly been applied where one or more of the following conditions are present:
- Make to order (as distinct from make to stock) manufacturing
- Capital-intensive production processes, where plant capacity is constrained
- Products ‘competing’ for plant capacity: where many different products are produced in each facility
- Products that require a large number of components or manufacturing tasks
- Production requires frequent schedule changes which cannot be predicted before the event
Advanced planning & scheduling software enables manufacturing scheduling and advanced scheduling optimization within these environments. During this session we will provide an overview about new APS tools on the market and we will discuss how best in-class companies are dealing with this their APS solutions.
Details of the event
|June 25, 2019 – 13.00 – 17.00 hrs|
|Participation is free-of-charge and on invite only. However please contact us, if you know people that are also interested in attending.|