Succesful 4th Spare Parts Management Idealab!
2014 April 3rd the 4th Spare Parts Management Idealab took place. This time the Spare Management Network visited FEI (high tech microscope technology). The manufacturing tour was a very impressive adventure.
An interesting presentation was provided and very nice topics came up that play at most companies.The Spare Parts Management topics in most companies are:
- Forecasting (NPI, EOL, successors)
- Inventory replenishment policy and global rebalancing
- Inventory location decisions
- Inventory value
- Smart product segmentation
- Service level targets (per product segment) (fill rate vs delivery performance)
- Service contracts
- EOQ, MOQ, ROQ and AOQà*OQ
- Optimum Field Replaceable Unit (FRU) level decision
- Repair vs new buy decision and organization
Representatives of Damen Naval Shipbuilding, ASML, Philips Health, Douwe Egberts Master Blenders, Denso, Nacco (NMHG), Ericsson, Fuji Film, ArjoHuntleigh and FEI joined the idealab.
Not present this time but also in the network are: Cisco Systems, Philips Consumer Lifestyle, Océ (Canon), Daf Trucks (Paccar Parts), TP Vision and PANalytical.
EyeOn will continue with this set-up in the future. See you at the 5th Spare Parts Management Idealab!